Education and Scholarships
HyQuest strongly supports charitable giving for initiatives that support educational opportunities and scholarships. This includes making monetary donations, donating supplies, and sponsoring events for various organizations.
- HyQuest is sponsoring the Prince William County Schools’ Black Student Union Coalition (BSU) in its efforts to establish a scholarship fund for eligible BSU members who are high school seniors in the Class of 2021.
- In 2021, HyQuest is a premium sponsor of the Cypress Triple Thr3at AAU basketball season. Cypress Triple Thr3at’s goal is to have its athletes pursue college educations. HyQuest is partnering with this organization to help foster the educational and future employment success of these young athletes in need.
- HyQuest was a diamond corporate sponsor of the 44th Annual Scholarship Benefit Fashion Show & Luncheon for a third year in 2020. The event is held by the Prince George’s County Alumnae Chapter, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., in partnership with the Delta Foundation, Inc. This annual fundraiser has as its goal the award of $75,000 in scholarships to deserving students from Prince George’s County, Maryland.
- HyQuest was a silver sponsor of the Northern Virginia Delta Education and Community Service (NVDECS) Foundation’s 2018 Signature Golf Tournament. NVDECS seeks to make a positive difference in the northern Virginia community by supporting educational programs.
- HyQuest supported The Questers, Inc., a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, with a donation for its 55th Annual Event. A portion of the event proceeds was used to continue support to a scholarship recipient at Spelman College in Atlanta, Georgia.
- HyQuest donated backpacks for the school year through the Offender Aid and Restoration (OAR) organization in Arlington, Virginia. OAR hosted “Project Backpack,” collecting new backpacks and school supplies for children with a parent incarcerated in Arlington County, Virginia.
- HyQuest supported Delta Sigma Theta Sorority’s Northern Virginia Alumnae Chapter (NoVAC), in affiliation with NVDECS, for the Sixth Annual Trailblazer Scholarships Awards Celebration in 2018. $20,000 in scholarships were awarded to deserving northern Virginia students at the event. A portion of the proceeds benefited NoVAC’s college scholarship programs.
- Since 2016 HyQuest has awarded five scholarships — four to rising college freshmen and one to a student continuing his education at a local university. In 2017, we also donated $750 to The OPHELIA Foundation to support its Class of 2017 Scholarships. These funds help talented young people to defray the often-prohibitive costs of pursuing a higher education.
- HyQuest was a sponsor of Jazz on the Vine in 2016 and 2017. The event is held by Operation Uplift Foundation and the Loudoun County Delta Foundation, which provide educational resources to the Loudoun County, Virginia community. All proceeds from Jazz on the Vine in 2016 and 2017 benefited Loudoun County youth. HyQuest also supported the Jazz on the Vine event in 2018.
For additional information about HyQuest’s commitment to making a difference in our communities, contact Linda Alkire at firstname.lastname@example.org